      From: Dennis <chimeraone@...>
      To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 11:24:44 AM
      Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Help Requested on Accoustics Please

      Hi Paul,

      Go to your publice library and find the acoutstical engineering books
      on designing recording studios. They identify the proper height,
      width and depth ratios to minimize atanding waves. The will also give
      you information on the total volume required to reproduce bass
      frequencies.

      One ratio that does work is the Golden Ratio. That ratio is 1.618. So
      for a 10 foot floor to ceiling height the room width would be 16.18'
      and the length would be 26.18'. You room volume would be 4236 cubic
      feet which shoud be adequate for bass performance.

      In addition the books will also cover the use of various diffusors to
      break up or absorb standing waves.

      It a shame many of us never get around to optimizing room acoustics
      or even proper speaker placement. In most cases that seems to be
      determined by "She who must be Obeyed".

      Good Luck on your room,

      --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Heimbuch <paul88@...>