1430Re: [dallasaudioclub] Bulk Speaker Cable

  • Blair Chapman
    Dec 4, 2013
      If it were my home, I'd use household romex. It's what almost all studios use that I've been in.

      Blair

      On Dec 4, 2013, at 9:33 PM, "Robert Cham" <cham@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys,

      I'm building the house that I will retire to. I see no reason not to
      put the speaker wire in the walls, so I'm looking for bulk speaker
      cable. I'm open to suggestions, but money is a real consideration.
      The cable runs will be 30' and 45', perhaps more. This makes
      impedance, capacitance and AWG major considerations. The fact that
      the Maggies will be bi-amped makes the cost a real consideration.
      Needless to say, I'm looking for bulk cable.

      I'll also need to do a 50' run of line level cable for the subwoofer.
      Perhaps two of these, one would be shorter, in case I ever get around
      to building a second sub.

      Your opinions would be most welcome. Being an engineer, I tend to
      look first at wire gauge followed by capacitance and impedance,
      especially at these wire run lengths, but I must say that I have
      heard things in audio, over that last 50 years, that can't easily be
      explained by numbers. I do tend to be very wary of snake oil.

      So, what do you think!

      Bob Cham

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic