Imagine Life Differently -- A DK diary

  • Adam Siegel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      While I send out much (both of others and myself), I don't often 'beg'
      -- this one is emotionally (not just intellectually) close to me.
      Please take a look -- and if you think it is merited -- click that
      recommend button.

      http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/1/1/34536/40704

      Imagine Life Differently -- and a New Year's Resolution
      by A Siegel [Subscribe] [Edit Diary]

      Mon Jan 01, 2007 at 01:37:26 AM PST

      My favorite quote of the moment comes from the 2006 paperback edition
      of Bill McKibben's The End of Nature

      The eldest President Bush was facing a reelection battle against Bill
      Clinton, and so advisers persuaded him to attend the world
      environmental summit in Rio de Janeiro, possibly the most optiistic
      moment in recent history. Before he went, however, he told a press
      conference that "the American way of life is not up for negotiation."
      If that's true, if we can't imagine living any differently, then all
      else is mere commentary.

      One thing that unites Kossacks, IMO, is that we imagine a different
      life, a different world, a better one, a better path forward ... and we
      all, in our own ways, fight to achieve those visions (whether shared or
      not).

      I am imagining life differently. One path terrifies me. am terrified
      at the world that we are creating at a head-long pace. Global Warming
      ... I am terrified at economic prospects in coming years ... Peak Oil.

      And, I imagine life differently and it energizes me to fight to
      Energize America.

      ---- SEE LINK FOR MORE ----

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • James Wamsley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        Mother Earth to enter the "Boxer" Ring - Boxer's first task as head of the
        Environmental Committee
        by jhritz
        Mon Jan 01, 2007 at 07:17:04 AM EST

        http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/1/1/21657/99465