Friday, April 19 / May 2, 2003: Bright Friday: Acts 3:1-8, John 2:12-22

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003

      Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of
      prayer, being the ninth hour. And a certain man lame from his mother's
      womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which
      is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
      Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
      And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
      And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
      Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give
      I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
      And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately
      his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood,
      and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping,
      and praising God.

      After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his
      brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.
      And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
      And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves,
      and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge
      of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep,
      and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the
      tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence;
      make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. And his disciples
      remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.
      Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us,
      seeing that thou doest these things? Jesus answered and said unto them,
      Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said
      the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt
      thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body.
      When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered
      that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture,
      and the word which Jesus had said.