Thursday, March 21 / April 3, 2003: Isa 28:14-22, Gen 10:32-11:9, Prov 13:20-14:6

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 9:10 PM
      passage: Isa 28:14-28:22

      Chapter 28

      Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this
      people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye have said, We have made
      a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the
      overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for
      we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
      Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation
      a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he
      that believeth shall not make haste. Judgment also will I lay to the
      line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away
      the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
      And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement
      with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass
      through, then ye shall be trodden down by it. From the time that it
      goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass
      over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand
      the report. For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself
      on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.
      For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as
      in the valley of G&houn, that he may do his work, his strange work;
      and bring to pass his act, his strange act. Now therefore be ye not
      mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord
      GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

      passage: Gen 10:32-11:9

      Chapter 10

      These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations,
      in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth
      after the flood.

      Chapter 11

      And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came
      to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in
      the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another,
      Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick
      for stone, and slime had they for morter. And they said, Go to, let
      us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and
      let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the
      whole earth. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which
      the children of men builded. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is
      one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now
      nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
      Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may
      not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad
      from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build
      the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD
      did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did
      the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

      passage: Prov 13:20-14:6

      Chapter 13

      He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools
      shall be destroyed. Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good
      shall be repayed. A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's
      children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
      Much food is in the tillage of the poor: but there is that is destroyed
      for want of judgment. He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he
      that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. The righteous eateth to the
      satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want.

      Chapter 14

      Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down
      with her hands. He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD:
      but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him. In the mouth of
      the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve
      them. Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by
      the strength of the ox. A faithful witness will not lie: but a false
      witness will utter lies. A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not:
      but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.