Monday, February 18 / March 3, 2003: 3John 1:1-14, Luke 19:29-40, 22:7-39

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2003
      passage: 3John 1:1-1:14

      Chapter 1

      The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. Beloved,
      I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health,
      even as thy soul prospereth. For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren
      came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest
      in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk
      in truth. Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the
      brethren, and to strangers; Which have borne witness of thy charity
      before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a
      godly sort, thou shalt do well: Because that for his name's sake they
      went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles. We therefore ought to
      receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth. I wrote
      unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence
      among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember
      his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and
      not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren,
      and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
      Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He
      that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
      Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea,
      and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true. I had
      many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:

      And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany,
      at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,
      Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your
      entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him,
      and bring him hither. And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus
      shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him. And they
      that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.
      And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why
      loose ye the colt? And they said, The Lord hath need of him. And they
      brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and
      they set Jesus thereon. And as he went, they spread their clothes in
      the way. And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the
      mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice
      and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had
      seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord:
      peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees
      from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
      And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should
      hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

      Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
      And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover,
      that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we
      prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into
      the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water;
      follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say
      unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is
      the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
      And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
      And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready
      the passover. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve
      apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired
      to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you,
      I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom
      of God. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this,
      and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink
      of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. And he
      took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying,
      This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
      Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament
      in my blood, which is shed for you. But, behold, the hand of him that
      betrayeth me is with me on the table. And truly the Son of man goeth,
      as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!
      And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that
      should do this thing. And there was also a strife among them, which of
      them should be accounted the greatest. And he said unto them, The kings
      of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise
      authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so:
      but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he
      that is chief, as he that doth serve. For whether is greater, he that
      sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but
      I am among you as he that serveth. Ye are they which have continued
      with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my
      Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table
      in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
      And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you,
      that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith
      fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. And he
      said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and
      to death. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this
      day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me. And he
      said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes,
      lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. Then said he unto them,
      But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip:
      and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I
      say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me,
      And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning
      me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And
      he said unto them, It is enough. And he came out, and went, as he was
      wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.