: 2Tim 2:11-19, Luke 18:2-8

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2003
      passage: 2Tim 2:11-2:19

      Chapter 2

      It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live
      with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him,
      he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful:
      he cannot deny himself. Of these things put them in remembrance,
      charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no
      profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. Study to shew thyself
      approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly
      dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for
      they will increase unto more ungodliness. And their word will eat
      as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning
      the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already;
      and overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the foundation of God
      standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And,
      let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

      Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither
      regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him,
      saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while:
      but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard
      man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by
      her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the
      unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry
      day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that
      he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh,
      shall he find faith on the earth?