Wednesday, December 19 2002 / January 1, 2003: 2Tim 4:9-22, Mark 10:11-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      passage: 2Tim 4:9-4:22

      Chapter 4

      Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me,
      having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica;
      Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take
      Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the
      ministry. And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left
      at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books,
      but especially the parchments. Alexander the coppersmith did me much
      evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware
      also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. At my first answer
      no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may
      not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me,
      and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and
      that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth
      of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and
      will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and
      ever. Amen. Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
      Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.
      Do thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and
      Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.

      And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry
      another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put
      away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
      And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and
      his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it,
      he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children
      to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
      Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God
      as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in
      his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.