Monday, November 19 / December 2, 2002: 1Thes 2:20-3:8, Luke 17:20-25

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      passage: 1Thes 2:20-3:8

      Chapter 2

      For ye are our glory and joy.

      Chapter 3

      Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left
      at Athens alone; And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God,
      and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and
      to comfort you concerning your faith: That no man should be moved by
      these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.
      For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should
      suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. For this
      cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest
      by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.
      But now when Timotheus came from you unto us, and brought us good
      tidings of your faith and charity, and that ye have good remembrance of
      us always, desiring greatly to see us, as we also to see you: Therefore,
      brethren, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress
      by your faith: For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.

      And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should
      come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with
      observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold,
      the kingdom of God is within you. And he said unto the disciples, The
      days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of
      man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, See here; or,
      see there: go not after them, nor follow them. For as the lightning,
      that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the
      other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
      But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.