Sunday, November 18 / December 1, 2002: Eph 2:4-10, Luke 8:26-39

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      passage: Eph 2:4-2:10

      Chapter 2

      But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
      Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,
      (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit
      together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come
      he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward
      us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and
      that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man
      should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto
      good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

      And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against
      Galilee. And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city
      a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither
      abode in any house, but in the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out,
      and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do
      with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment
      me not. For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the
      man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains
      and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into
      the wilderness.) And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And
      he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him. And they
      besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
      And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and
      they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he
      suffered them. Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into
      the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake,
      and were choked. When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled,
      and went and told it in the city and in the country. Then they went
      out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of
      whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed,
      and in his right mind: and they were afraid. They also which saw it
      told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed.
      Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about
      besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear:
      and he went up into the ship, and returned back again. Now the man out
      of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him:
      but Jesus sent him away, saying, Return to thine own house, and shew how
      great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published
      throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.