Wednesday, October 19 / November 1, 2000: Phil 2:24-30, Luke 9:44-50

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2000
      passage: Phil 2:24-2:30

      Chapter 2

      But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly. Yet I
      supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and
      companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he
      that ministered to my wants. For he longed after you all, and was
      full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick.
      For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and
      not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
      I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again,
      ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful. Receive him
      therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:
      Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding
      his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

      Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be
      delivered into the hands of men. But they understood not this saying,
      and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared
      to ask him of that saying. Then there arose a reasoning among them,
      which of them should be greatest. And Jesus, perceiving the thought
      of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, And said unto them,
      Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever
      shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among
      you all, the same shall be great. And John answered and said, Master,
      we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because
      he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not:
      for he that is not against us is for us.