Sunday, October 21 / November 3, 2002: 2Cor 11:31-12:9, Luke 6:31-36

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002

      The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for
      evermore, knoweth that I lie not. In Damascus the governor under Aretas
      the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to
      apprehend me: And through a window in a basket was I let down by the
      wall, and escaped his hands.

      Chapter 12

      It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and
      revelations of the Lord. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years
      ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body,
      I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
      And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I
      cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise,
      and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
      Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine
      infirmities. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool;
      for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think
      of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
      And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance
      of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the
      messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
      For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
      And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength
      is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory
      in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

      And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
      For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners
      also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do
      good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
      And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have
      ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
      But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing
      again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children
      of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
      Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.