Saturday, October 20 / November 2, 2002: 1Cor 15:58-16:3, Luke 5:17-26

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002

      Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always
      abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour
      is not in vain in the Lord.

      Chapter 16

      Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to
      the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week
      let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him,
      that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever ye
      shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality
      unto Jerusalem.

      And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there
      were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out
      of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of
      the Lord was present to heal them. And, behold, men brought in a bed a
      man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in,
      and to lay him before him. And when they could not find by what way they
      might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop,
      and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before
      Jesus. And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins
      are forgiven thee. And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason,
      saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins,
      but God alone? But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering
      said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts? Whether is easier, to
      say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? But that
      ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,
      (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up
      thy couch, and go into thine house. And immediately he rose up before
      them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house,
      glorifying God. And they were all amazed, and they glorified God,
      and were filled with fear, saying, We have seen strange things to day.