Friday, October 19 / November 1, 2002: Phil 1:27-2:4, Luke 10:1-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002
      passage: Phil 1:27-2:4

      Chapter 1

      Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ:
      that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of
      your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving
      together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your
      adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you
      of salvation, and that of God. For unto you it is given in the behalf
      of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
      Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

      Chapter 2

      If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love,
      if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my
      joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord,
      of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in
      lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not
      every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

      After these things the LORD appointed other seventy also, and sent them
      two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself
      would come. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great,
      but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest,
      that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Go your ways:
      behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse,
      nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. And into whatsoever
      house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. And if the son of
      peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to
      you again. And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things
      as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house
      to house. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat
      such things as are set before you: And heal the sick that are therein,
      and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But into
      whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out
      into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city,
      which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding
      be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
      But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for
      Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee,
      Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon,
      which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented,
      sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for
      Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum,
      which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.