Thursday, October 18/31, 2002: Phil 1:20-27, Luke 9:49-56

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      passage: Phil 1:20-1:27

      Chapter 1

      According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall
      be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ
      shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
      For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the
      flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
      For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be
      with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is
      more needful for you. And having this confidence, I know that I shall
      abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
      That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my
      coming to you again. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the
      gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent,
      I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one
      mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

      And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils
      in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
      And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against
      us is for us. And it came to pass, when the time was come that he
      should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
      And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into
      a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not
      receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
      And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt
      thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them,
      even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know
      not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to
      destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.