Thursday, September 20 / October 3, 2002: Gal 3:23-4:5, Luke 4:16-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002
      passage: Gal 3:23-4:5

      Chapter 3

      But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the
      faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was
      our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified
      by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a
      schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ
      Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on
      Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free,
      there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
      And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according
      to the promise.

      Chapter 4

      Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing
      from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and
      governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when
      we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But
      when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of
      a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law,
      that we might receive the adoption of sons.

      passage: Luke 4:16-4:22

      And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his
      custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood
      up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the
      prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place
      where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath
      anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the
      brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of
      sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach
      the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave
      it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that
      were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto
      them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And all bare
      him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of
      his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?