Thursday, September 13/26, 2002: Gal 1:1-10,20-2:5, Mark 5:1-20

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2002
      passage: Gal 1:1-1:10

      Chapter 1

      Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ,
      and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;) And all the brethren
      which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia: Grace be to you and
      peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave
      himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil
      world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory
      for ever and ever. Amen. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from
      him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which
      is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert
      the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach
      any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you,
      let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man
      preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him
      be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please
      men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

      passage: Gal 1:20-2:5

      Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.
      Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; And was unknown
      by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: But they had
      heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth
      the faith which once he destroyed. And they glorified God in me.

      Chapter 2

      Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and
      took Titus with me also. And I went up by revelation, and communicated
      unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately
      to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or
      had run, in vain. But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek,
      was compelled to be circumcised: And that because of false brethren
      unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which
      we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: To
      whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth
      of the gospel might continue with you.

      And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country
      of the Gadarenes. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately
      there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, Who had
      his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with
      chains: Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains,
      and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken
      in pieces: neither could any man tame him. And always, night and day, he
      was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with
      stones. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And
      cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus,
      thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment
      me not. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
      And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is
      Legion: for we are many. And he besought him much that he would not
      send them away out of the country. Now there was there nigh unto the
      mountains a great herd of swine feeding. And all the devils besought
      him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
      And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out,
      and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep
      place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in
      the sea. And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city,
      and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
      And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil,
      and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and
      they were afraid. And they that saw it told them how it befell to
      him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
      And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts. And when
      he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil
      prayed him that he might be with him. Howbeit Jesus suffered him not,
      but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great
      things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
      And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things
      Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.