Friday, August 17/30, 2002: 2Cor 1:12-20, Matt 22:23-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2002

      For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in
      simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace
      of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly
      to you-ward. For we write none other things unto you, that what ye
      read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;
      As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing,
      even as ye also are our's in the day of the Lord Jesus. And in this
      confidence I was minded to come unto you before, that ye might have a
      second benefit; And to pass by you into Macedonia, and to come again
      out of Macedonia unto you, and of you to be brought on my way toward
      Judaea. When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or the
      things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with
      me there should be yea yea, and nay nay? But as God is true, our word
      toward you was not yea and nay. For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who
      was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus,
      was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. For all the promises of God
      in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

      The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no
      resurrection, and asked him, Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die,
      having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed
      unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first,
      when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his
      wife unto his brother: Likewise the second also, and the third, unto
      the seventh. And last of all the woman died also. Therefore in the
      resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
      Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures,
      nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry,
      nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
      But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that
      which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham,
      and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the
      dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were
      astonished at his doctrine.