Monday, June 18 / July 1, 2002: Rom 2:28-3:18, Matt 6:31-34,7:9-11

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002

      For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that
      circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which
      is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit,
      and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

      Chapter 3

      What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of
      circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were
      committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? shall
      their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea,
      let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou
      mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou
      art judged. But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of
      God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I
      speak as a man) God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
      For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his
      glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, (as we
      be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do
      evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. What then? are we
      better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews
      and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is
      none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is
      none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they
      are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no,
      not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they
      have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth
      is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood:
      Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have
      they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.

      Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall
      we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For after all these
      things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye
      have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God,
      and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
      Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take
      thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil

      Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give
      him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye
      then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how
      much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them
      that ask him?