Monday, May 21 / June 3, 2002: Acts 12:12-17, John 8:42-51

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2002

      And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary
      the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered
      together praying. And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a
      damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda. And when she knew Peter's voice,
      she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter
      stood before the gate. And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she
      constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
      But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and
      saw him, they were astonished. But he, beckoning unto them with the
      hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought
      him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James,
      and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

      Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me:
      for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself,
      but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye
      cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of
      your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode
      not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a
      lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
      And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you
      convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
      He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not,
      because ye are not of God. Then answered the Jews, and said unto
      him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
      Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do
      dishonour me. And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh
      and judgeth. Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying,
      he shall never see death.