Friday, February 16 / March 1, 2002: 1John 2:7-17, Mark 14:3-9

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      passage: 1John 2:7-2:17

      Chapter 2

      Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment
      which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which
      ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto
      you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past,
      and the true light now shineth. He that saith he is in the light, and
      hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his
      brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling
      in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in
      darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath
      blinded his eyes. I write unto you, little children, because your sins
      are forgiven you for his name's sake. I write unto you, fathers, because
      ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young
      men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little
      children, because ye have known the Father. I have written unto you,
      fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have
      written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God
      abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one. Love not the world,
      neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world,
      the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world,
      the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,
      is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away,
      and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

      And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat,
      there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very
      precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head. And there
      were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this
      waste of the ointment made? For it might have been sold for more than
      three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured
      against her. And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she
      hath wrought a good work on me. For ye have the poor with you always,
      and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
      She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body
      to the burying. Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall
      be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done
      shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.