Wednesday, December 20 2001 / January 2, 2002: James 1:1-18, Mark 10:11-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      passage: James 1:1-1:18

      Chapter 1

      James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve
      tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all
      joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying
      of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect
      work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of
      you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally,
      and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith,
      nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven
      with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall
      receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all
      his ways. Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
      But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass
      he shall pass away. For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat,
      but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace
      of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in
      his ways. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is
      tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised
      to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted
      of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any
      man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust,
      and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:
      and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my
      beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
      and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness,
      neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word
      of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

      And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry
      another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put
      away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
      And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and
      his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it,
      he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children
      to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
      Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God
      as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in
      his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.