Saturday, November 18 / December 1, 2001: Gal 3:8-12, Luke 9:57-62

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      passage: Gal 3:8-3:12

      Chapter 3

      And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through
      faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall
      all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed
      with faithful Abraham. For as many as are of the works of the law are
      under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth
      not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
      But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is
      evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith:
      but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

      And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said
      unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus
      said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but
      the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another,
      Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
      Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach
      the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee;
      but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
      And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough,
      and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.