Monday, September 24 / October 7, 2013: Gal 4:28-5:10, Luke 4:37-44

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2013
      passage: Gal 4:28-5:10

      Chapter 4

      Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then
      he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the
      Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast
      out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not
      be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not
      children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

      Chapter 5

      Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,
      and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say
      unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
      For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a
      debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you,
      whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
      For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
      For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor
      uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Ye did run well; who
      did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh
      not of him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
      I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise
      minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever
      he be.

      And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about.
      And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon's house. And
      Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him
      for her. And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her:
      and immediately she arose and ministered unto them. Now when the sun was
      setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them
      unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.
      And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art
      Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak:
      for they knew that he was Christ. And when it was day, he departed
      and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came
      unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them. And he
      said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also:
      for therefore am I sent. And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.