Friday, September 21 / October 4, 2013: Gal 4:8-21, Luke 4:22-30

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2013
      passage: Gal 4:8-4:21

      Chapter 4

      Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which
      by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or
      rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly
      elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days,
      and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have
      bestowed upon you labour in vain. Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am;
      for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. Ye know how through
      infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
      And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected;
      but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. Where is then
      the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been
      possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them
      to me. Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
      They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you,
      that ye might affect them. But it is good to be zealously affected
      always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.
      My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be
      formed in you, I desire to be present with you now, and to change my
      voice; for I stand in doubt of you. Tell me, ye that desire to be
      under the law, do ye not hear the law?

      passage: Luke 4:22-4:30

      And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which
      proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
      And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb,
      Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum,
      do also here in thy country. And he said, Verily I say unto you, No
      prophet is accepted in his own country. But I tell you of a truth,
      many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was
      shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout
      all the land; But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta,
      a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. And many lepers were
      in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was
      cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian. And all they in the synagogue,
      when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, And rose up,
      and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill
      whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
      But he passing through the midst of them went his way,