Saturday, September 8/21, 2013: The Nativity of Our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary: Phil 2:5-11, Luke 10:38-42,11:27-28

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2013
      passage: Phil 2:5-2:11

      Chapter 2

      Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in
      the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made
      himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and
      was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man,
      he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of
      the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him
      a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee
      should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under
      the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is
      Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

      Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain
      village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
      And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and
      heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came
      to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me
      to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered
      and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about
      many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good
      part, which shall not be taken away from her.

      And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the
      company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb
      that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said,
      Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.