Monday, September 3/16, 2013: 2Cor 8:7-15, Mark 3:6-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2013

      Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and
      knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye
      abound in this grace also. I speak not by commandment, but by occasion
      of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
      For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich,
      yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might
      be rich. And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you,
      who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
      Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness
      to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
      For it there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that
      a man hath, and not according to that he hath not. For I mean not
      that other men be eased, and ye burdened: But by an equality, that
      now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that
      their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be
      equality: As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over;
      and he that had gathered little had no lack.

      And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with
      the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him. But Jesus
      withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great multitude
      from Galilee followed him, and from Judaea, And from Jerusalem, and
      from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon,
      a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came
      unto him. And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should
      wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him.
      For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to
      touch him, as many as had plagues. And unclean spirits, when they saw
      him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.
      And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.