Wednesday, August 22 / September 4, 2013: 2Cor 3:4-11, Matt 23:29-39

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2013

      And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are
      sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our
      sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the
      new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter
      killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of
      death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the
      children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses
      for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
      How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
      For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the
      ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For even that which
      was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory
      that excelleth. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more
      that which remaineth is glorious.

      Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the
      tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
      And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have
      been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be
      witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed
      the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents,
      ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
      Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes:
      and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye
      scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That
      upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the
      blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias,
      whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Verily I say unto
      you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem,
      Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are
      sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together,
      even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
      Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you,
      Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that
      cometh in the name of the Lord.