Tuesday, August 21 / September 3, 2013: 2Cor 2:14-3:3, Matt 23:23-28

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2013

      Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ,
      and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
      For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and
      in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death;
      and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for
      these things? For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but
      as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

      Chapter 3

      Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others,
      epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
      Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
      Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ
      ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the
      living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

      Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint
      and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law,
      judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave
      the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow
      a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make
      clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are
      full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that
      which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be
      clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are
      like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but
      are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so
      ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of
      hypocrisy and iniquity.