Monday, August 20 / September 2, 2013: 2Cor 2:4-15, Matt 23:13-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2013

      For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with
      many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the
      love which I have more abundantly unto you. But if any have caused
      grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge
      you all. Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was
      inflicted of many. So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive
      him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up
      with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm
      your love toward him. For to this end also did I write, that I might
      know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. To whom
      ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to
      whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
      Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of
      his devices. Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's
      gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord, I had no rest in
      my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave
      of them, I went from thence into Macedonia. Now thanks be unto God,
      which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the
      savour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a
      sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

      But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up
      the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves,
      neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you,
      scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses,
      and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the
      greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for
      ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made,
      ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Woe unto
      you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple,
      it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple,
      he is a debtor! Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold,
      or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear
      by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that
      is upon it, he is guilty. Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater,
      the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Whoso therefore
      shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
      And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that
      dwelleth therein. And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the
      throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.