Sunday, August 19 / September 1, 2013: 1Cor 4:9-16, Matt 17:14-23

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013

      For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were
      appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to
      angels, and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise
      in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we
      are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst,
      and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
      And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being
      persecuted, we suffer it: Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the
      filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
      I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
      For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not
      many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
      Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

      And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain
      man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for
      he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire,
      and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they
      could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and
      perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I
      suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and
      he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
      Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we
      cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief:
      for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed,
      ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it
      shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this
      kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. And while they abode in
      Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into
      the hands of men: And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall
      be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.