Monday, August 6/19, 2013: The Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2Peter 1:10-19, Matt 17:1-9

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2013
      passage: 2Peter 1:10-1:19

      Chapter 1

      Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling
      and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
      For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the
      everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Wherefore I
      will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things,
      though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea,
      I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up
      by putting you in remembrance; Knowing that shortly I must put off
      this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
      Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to
      have these things always in remembrance. For we have not followed
      cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and
      coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
      For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came
      such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son,
      in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we
      heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more
      sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto
      a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day
      star arise in your hearts:

      And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother,
      and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured
      before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was
      white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and
      Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus,
      Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here
      three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
      While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold
      a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I
      am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell
      on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them,
      and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their
      eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. And as they came down from
      the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man,
      until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.