Sunday, August 5/18, 2013: 1Cor 1:10-18, Matt 14:14-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013

      Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
      that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions
      among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind
      and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you,
      my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are
      contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith,
      I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
      Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the
      name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and
      Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I
      baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I
      baptized any other. For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach
      the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should
      be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that
      perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

      And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with
      compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. And when it was
      evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and
      the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the
      villages, and buy themselves victuals. But Jesus said unto them, They
      need not depart; give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, We have
      here but five loaves, and two fishes. He said, Bring them hither to me.
      And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the
      five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed,
      and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to
      the multitude. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took
      up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full. And they that
      had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.
      And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and
      to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.