Tuesday, July 24 / August 6, 2013: 1Cor 6:20-7:12, Matt 14:1-13

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013

      For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body,
      and in your spirit, which are God's.

      Chapter 7

      Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for
      a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let
      every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
      Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise
      also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own
      body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power
      of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except
      it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting
      and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your
      incontinency. But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
      For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath
      his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
      I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they
      abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is
      better to marry than to burn. And unto the married I command, yet not
      I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if
      she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband:
      and let not the husband put away his wife. But to the rest speak I,
      not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she
      be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

      At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus, And said
      unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the
      dead; and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him.
      For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison
      for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife. For John said unto him,
      It is not lawful for thee to have her. And when he would have put him to
      death, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet.
      But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced
      before them, and pleased Herod. Whereupon he promised with an oath to
      give her whatsoever she would ask. And she, being before instructed
      of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger.
      And the king was sorry: nevertheless for the oath's sake, and them
      which sat with him at meat, he commanded it to be given her. And he
      sent, and beheaded John in the prison. And his head was brought in
      a charger, and given to the damsel: and she brought it to her mother.
      And his disciples came, and took up the body, and buried it, and went
      and told Jesus. When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship
      into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof,
      they followed him on foot out of the cities.