Wednesday, July 18/31, 2013: 1Cor 2:9-3:8, Matt 13:31-36

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2013

      But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have
      entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for
      them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:
      for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
      For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which
      is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit
      of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the
      spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely
      given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which
      man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing
      spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the
      things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither
      can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that
      is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
      For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but
      we have the mind of Christ.

      Chapter 3

      And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as
      unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk,
      and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet
      now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you
      envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
      For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye
      not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom
      ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos
      watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth
      any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
      Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall
      receive his own reward according to his own labour.

      Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven
      is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his
      field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it
      is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of
      the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. Another parable spake
      he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman
      took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
      All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without
      a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which
      was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables;
      I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of
      the world. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house:
      and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable
      of the tares of the field.