Wednesday, July 11/24, 2013: St. Olga, Equal-to-the-Apostles: 2Cor 6:1-10, Luke 7:36-50

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013

      We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive
      not the grace of God in vain. For he saith, I have heard thee in
      a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee:
      behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
      Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: But
      in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much
      patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, In stripes,
      in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
      By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy
      Ghost, by love unfeigned, By the word of truth, by the power of God,
      by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, By
      honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and
      yet true; As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live;
      as chastened, and not killed; As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor,
      yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

      And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And
      he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat. And, behold,
      a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat
      at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
      And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with
      tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet,
      and anointed them with the ointment. Now when the Pharisee which had
      bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were
      a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that
      toucheth him: for she is a sinner. And Jesus answering said unto him,
      Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
      There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five
      hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay,
      he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love
      him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave
      most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. And he turned
      to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered
      into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath
      washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
      Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath
      not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint:
      but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. Wherefore I say
      unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much:
      but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. And he said
      unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him
      began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
      And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.