Tuesday, July 3/16, 2013: Rom 10:11-11:2, Matt 11:16-20

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2013

      For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
      For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same
      Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall
      call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call
      on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him
      of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
      And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,
      How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace,
      and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed
      the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
      So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
      But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all
      the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. But I say,
      Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy
      by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
      But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me
      not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. But to
      Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a
      disobedient and gainsaying people.

      Chapter 11

      I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an
      Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath
      not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture
      saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

      passage: Matt 11:16-11:20

      But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children
      sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, And saying, We
      have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you,
      and ye have not lamented. For John came neither eating nor drinking,
      and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking,
      and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend
      of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
      Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works
      were done, because they repented not: