Monday, July 2/15, 2013: Rom 9:18-33, Matt 11:2-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2013

      Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he
      hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For
      who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest
      against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast
      thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same
      lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if
      God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured
      with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
      And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of
      mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath
      called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith
      also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people;
      and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass,
      that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people;
      there shall they be called the children of the living God. Esaias also
      crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be
      as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: For he will finish the
      work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the
      Lord make upon the earth. And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord
      of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made
      like unto Gomorrha. What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which
      followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even
      the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after
      the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
      Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the
      works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is
      written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence:
      and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

      Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of
      his disciples, And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we
      look for another? Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John
      again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their
      sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear,
      the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
      And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. And as they
      departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What
      went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
      But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold,
      they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. But what went ye out
      for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
      For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger
      before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I
      say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen
      a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in
      the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John
      the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the
      violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied
      until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for
      to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.