Friday, June 29 / July 12, 2013: The Holy, Glorious and All-Praised Leaders of the Apostles, Peter and Paul: 2Cor 11:21-12:9, Matt 16:13-19

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2013

      I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit
      whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also. Are they
      Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of
      Abraham? so am I. Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I
      am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons
      more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty
      stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned,
      thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
      In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in
      perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils
      in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in
      perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings
      often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
      Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily,
      the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is
      offended, and I burn not? If I must needs glory, I will glory of the
      things which concern mine infirmities. The God and Father of our Lord
      Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
      In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the
      damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me: And through a
      window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

      Chapter 12

      It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and
      revelations of the Lord. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years
      ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body,
      I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
      And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I
      cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise,
      and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
      Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine
      infirmities. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool;
      for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think
      of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
      And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance
      of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the
      messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
      For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
      And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength
      is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory
      in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

      When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his
      disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they
      said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others,
      Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye
      that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ,
      the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him,
      Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed
      it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto
      thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;
      and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give
      unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt
      bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose
      on earth shall be loosed in heaven.