Friday, June 22 / July 5, 2013: Rom 5:17-6:2, Matt 9:14-17

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013

      For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which
      receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign
      in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one
      judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness
      of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
      For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the
      obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered,
      that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much
      more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace
      reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

      Chapter 6

      What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
      God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

      Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the
      Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not? And Jesus said unto
      them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the
      bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom
      shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. No man putteth
      a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in
      to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
      Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break,
      and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine
      into new bottles, and both are preserved.