Sunday, June 17/30, 2013: Sunday of All Saints: Isaiah 43:9-14, Wisdom 3:1-9,5:15-6:3, Heb 11:33-12:2, Matt 10:32,33,37,38,19:27-30

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2013
      passage: Isaiah 43:9-43:14

      Chapter 43

      Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people
      be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former
      things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified:
      or let them hear, and say, It is truth. Ye are my witnesses, saith the
      LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe
      me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed,
      neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside
      me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have
      shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my
      witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I
      am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work,
      and who shall let it? Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One
      of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down
      all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.

      passage: Wisdom 3:1-3:9

      Chapter 3

      But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and there
      shall no torment touch them. In the sight of the unwise they seemed
      to die: and their departure is taken for misery, and their going from
      us to be utter destruction: but they are in peace. For though they be
      punished in the sight of men, yet is their hope full of immortality.
      And having been a little chastised, they shall be greatly rewarded:
      for God proved them, and found them worthy for himself. As gold in
      the furnace hath he tried them and received them as a burnt offering
      And in the time of their visitation they shall shine, and run to and
      fro like sparks among the stubble. They shall judge the nations, and
      have dominion over the people, and their Lord shall reign for ever.
      They that put their trust in him shal understand the truth: and such
      as be faithful in love shall abide with him: for grace and mercy is to
      his saints, and he hath care for his elect.

      passage: Wisdom 5:15-6:3

      Chapter 5

      But the righteous live for evermore; their reward also is with the Lord,
      and the care for them is with the most High. Therefore shall they
      receive a glorious kingdom, and a beautiful crown from the Lord's hand:
      for with his right hand shall he cover them, and with his arm shall he
      protect them. He shall take to him his jealously for complete armour,
      and make the creature his weapon for the revenge fo his enemies.
      He shall put on righteousness as a breastplate, and true judgement
      instead of an helmet. He shall take holiness for an invincible shield.
      His severe wrath shall he sharpen for a sword, and the world shall fight
      with him against the unwie. Then shall the right aiming thunderbolts
      go abroad; and from the clouds, as from a well drawn bow, shall they
      fly to the mark. And hailstones full of wrath shall be cast as out
      of a stone bow, and the water of the sea shall rage against them, and
      the floods shall cruelly drown them. Yes, a mighty wind shall stand
      up against them, and like a storm shall blow them away: thus iniquity
      shall lay waste the whole earth, and ill dealing shall overthrow the
      thrones fo the mighty.

      Chapter 6

      Hear therefore, O ye kings, and understand; learn ye that be judges for
      the ends of the earth. Give ear, he that rule the people, and glory
      in the multitude of nations. For power is given you of the Lord, and
      sovereignty from the Highest, who shall try your works, and search out
      your counsels.

      passage: Heb 11:33-12:2

      Chapter 11

      Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained
      promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire,
      escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong,
      waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
      Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured,
      not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
      And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of
      bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were
      tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins
      and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; Of whom the world
      was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens
      and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report
      through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better
      thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

      Chapter 12

      Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of
      witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so
      easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set
      before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
      who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising
      the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

      Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess
      also before my Father which is in heaven.

      passage: Matt 10:33-10:33

      But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my
      Father which is in heaven.

      passage: Matt 10:37-10:37

      He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me:
      and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

      passage: Matt 10:38-10:38

      And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy
      of me.

      Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all,
      and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto
      them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the
      regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye
      also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
      And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or
      father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake,
      shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
      But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.