Monday, June 4/17, 2013: Acts 21:8-14, John 14:27-15:7

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2013

      And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came
      unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist,
      which was one of the seven; and abode with him. And the same man had
      four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. And as we tarried there
      many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
      And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own
      hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews
      at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver
      him into the hands of the Gentiles. And when we heard these things,
      both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.
      Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for
      I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the
      name of the Lord Jesus. And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased,
      saying, The will of the Lord be done.

      Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world
      giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it
      be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again
      unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto
      the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you
      before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
      Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world
      cometh, and hath nothing in me. But that the world may know that I love
      the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise,
      let us go hence.

      Chapter 15

      I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch
      in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that
      beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
      Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
      Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
      except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
      I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him,
      the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
      If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;
      and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
      If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will,
      and it shall be done unto you.