Sunday, May 13/26, 2013: Sunday of the Paralytic: Acts 9:32-42, John 5:1-15

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2013

      And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came
      down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda. And there he found
      a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and
      was sick of the palsy. And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ
      maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
      And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.
      Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by
      interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works
      and almsdeeds which she did. And it came to pass in those days, that
      she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in
      an upper chamber. And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the
      disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men,
      desiring him that he would not delay to come to them. Then Peter arose
      and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper
      chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats
      and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them. But Peter
      put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to
      the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she
      saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up,
      and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
      And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

      After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
      Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called
      in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a
      great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for
      the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season
      into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the
      troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease
      he had. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and
      eight years. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a
      long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
      The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water
      is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another
      steppeth down before me. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed,
      and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed,
      and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath. The Jews therefore
      said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful
      for thee to carry thy bed. He answered them, He that made me whole,
      the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk. Then asked they him,
      What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
      And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed
      himself away, a multitude being in that place. Afterward Jesus findeth
      him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole:
      sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. The man departed,
      and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.