Friday, May 11/24, 2013: Acts 8:40-9:19, John 6:48-54

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2013

      But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all
      the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

      Chapter 9

      And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the
      disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him
      letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way,
      whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
      And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined
      round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and
      heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
      And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom
      thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
      And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to
      do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall
      be told thee what thou must do. And the men which journeyed with him
      stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. And Saul arose
      from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they
      led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. And he was three
      days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink. And there was a
      certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in
      a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. And the Lord
      said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight,
      and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for,
      behold, he prayeth, And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming
      in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
      Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how
      much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: And here he hath
      authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
      But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto
      me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children
      of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my
      name's sake. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house;
      and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus,
      that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that
      thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
      And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and
      he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. And when he
      had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with
      the disciples which were at Damascus.

      I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness,
      and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that
      a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came
      down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:
      and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the
      life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying,
      How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them,
      Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son
      of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my
      flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him
      up at the last day.