Thursday, May 10/23, 2013: Acts 8:26-39, John 6:40-44

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2013

      And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward
      the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which
      is desert. And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an
      eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had
      the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
      Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
      Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this
      chariot. And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet
      Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said,
      How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that
      he would come up and sit with him. The place of the scripture which he
      read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb
      dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: In his humiliation
      his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for
      his life is taken from the earth. And the eunuch answered Philip,
      and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself,
      or of some other man? Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at
      the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on
      their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See,
      here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said,
      If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and
      said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded
      the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water,
      both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. And when they were
      come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip,
      that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

      And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the
      Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise
      him up at the last day. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said,
      I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this
      Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it
      then that he saith, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered
      and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me,
      except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up
      at the last day.