Wednesday, May 2/15, 2013: Acts 4:13-22, John 5:17-24

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013

      Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that
      they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took
      knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. And beholding the man
      which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.
      But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they
      conferred among themselves, Saying, What shall we do to these men? for
      that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to
      all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it. But that it
      spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that
      they speak henceforth to no man in this name. And they called them,
      and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
      But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right
      in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
      For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. So when
      they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how
      they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified
      God for that which was done. For the man was above forty years old,
      on whom this miracle of healing was shewed.

      But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
      Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only
      had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making
      himself equal with God. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily,
      verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what
      he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also
      doeth the Son likewise. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth
      him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works
      than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead,
      and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the
      Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
      That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He
      that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
      Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth
      on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into
      condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.