Saturday, April 28 / May 11, 2013: Bright Saturday: Acts 3:11-16, John 3:22-33

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2013

      And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the
      people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's,
      greatly wondering. And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people,
      Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on
      us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
      The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers,
      hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in
      the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. But ye
      denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted
      unto you; And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the
      dead; whereof we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name
      hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is
      by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

      passage: John 3:22-3:33

      After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of
      Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also
      was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water
      there: and they came, and were baptized. For John was not yet cast
      into prison. Then there arose a question between some of John's
      disciples and the Jews about purifying. And they came unto John, and
      said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou
      barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.
      John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given
      him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not
      the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is
      the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and
      heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this
      my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease.
      He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is
      earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is
      above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and
      no man receiveth his testimony. He that hath received his testimony
      hath set to his seal that God is true.