Saturday, April 21 / May 4, 2013: Holy Saturday: Gen 1:1-13,Isa 60:1-16,Exodus 12:1-11,Jonah 1-999,Joshua 5:10-15,Exodus 13:20-15:19,Zephaniah 3:8-15,1Kings 17:8-24,Isa 61:10-62:5, Gen 22:1-18,Isa 61:1-9,2Kings 4:8-37,Isa 63:11-64:5,Jeremiah 31:31-34,Dan 3:1-23, Rom 6:3-11,Matt 28:1-20

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2013
      passage: Gen 1:1-1:13

      Chapter 1

      In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was
      without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And
      the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said,
      Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it
      was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called
      the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the
      morning were the first day. And God said, Let there be a firmament in
      the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
      And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the
      firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
      And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning
      were the second day. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be
      gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it
      was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together
      of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. And God
      said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the
      fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself,
      upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass,
      and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit,
      whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
      And the evening and the morning were the third day.

      passage: Isa 60:1-60:16

      Chapter 60

      Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is
      risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
      and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and
      his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy
      light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes
      round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to
      thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed
      at thy side. Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart
      shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be
      converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
      The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and
      Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense;
      and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD. All the flocks of
      Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall
      minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar,
      and I will glorify the house of my glory. Who are these that fly as a
      cloud, and as the doves to their windows? Surely the isles shall wait
      for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far,
      their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy
      God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
      And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall
      minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have
      I had mercy on thee. Therefore thy gates shall be open continually;
      they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the
      forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. For the
      nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those
      nations shall be utterly wasted. The glory of Lebanon shall come unto
      thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the
      place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
      The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee;
      and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles
      of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the LORD, The Zion
      of the Holy One of Israel. Whereas thou has been forsaken and hated, so
      that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a
      joy of many generations. Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles,
      and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD
      am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

      passage: Exodus 12:1-12:11

      Chapter 12

      And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,
      This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the
      first month of the year to you. Speak ye unto all the congregation
      of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take
      to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers,
      a lamb for an house: And if the household be too little for the lamb,
      let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the
      number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your
      count for the lamb. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the
      first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:
      And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month:
      and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in
      the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the
      two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they
      shall eat it. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with
      fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
      Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire;
      his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. And ye shall
      let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of
      it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. And thus shall ye eat it;
      with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your
      hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD's passover.

      passage: Jonah 1:0-999:0

      Chapter 1

      Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
      Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their
      wickedness is come up before me. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish
      from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a
      ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into
      it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. But the
      LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest
      in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken. Then the mariners
      were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares
      that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was
      gone down into the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep.
      So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou,
      O sleeper? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon
      us, that we perish not. And they said every one to his fellow, Come,
      and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon
      us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah. Then said they unto
      him, Tell us, we pray thee, for whose cause this evil is upon us; What
      is thine occupation? and whence comest thou? what is thy country? and of
      what people art thou? And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear
      the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land.
      Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said unto him. Why hast thou
      done this? For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the LORD,
      because he had told them. Then said they unto him, What shall we do
      unto thee, that the sea may be calm unto us? for the sea wrought, and
      was tempestuous. And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth
      into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for I know that for my
      sake this great tempest is upon you. Nevertheless the men rowed hard to
      bring it to the land; but they could not: for the sea wrought, and was
      tempestuous against them. Wherefore they cried unto the LORD, and said,
      We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this
      man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O LORD, hast
      done as it pleased thee. So they look up Jonah, and cast him forth into
      the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging. Then the men feared the
      LORD exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the LORD, and made vows.
      Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah
      was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

      Chapter 2

      Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,
      And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he
      heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
      For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the
      floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
      Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward
      thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul:
      the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
      I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was
      about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption,
      O LORD my God. When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD:
      and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that
      observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice
      unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have
      vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. And the LORD spake unto the fish,
      and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

      Chapter 3

      And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise,
      go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching
      that I bid thee. So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to
      the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three
      days' journey. And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey,
      and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
      So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on
      sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them. For word
      came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid
      his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
      And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the
      decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast,
      herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: But
      let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God:
      yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence
      that is in their hands. Who can tell if God will turn and repent,
      and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? And God saw
      their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of
      the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

      Chapter 4

      But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. And he
      prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my
      saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto
      Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful,
      slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.
      Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it
      is better for me to die than to live. Then said the LORD, Doest thou
      well to be angry? So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east
      side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the
      shadow, till he might see what would become of the city. And the LORD
      God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might
      be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was
      exceeding glad of the gourd. But God prepared a worm when the morning
      rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered. And it came
      to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind;
      and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished
      in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live.
      And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And
      he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death. Then said the LORD,
      Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured,
      neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a
      night: And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are
      more then sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their
      right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

      passage: Joshua 5:10-5:15

      Chapter 5

      And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the passover
      on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of Jericho.
      And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after
      the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched corn in the selfsame day.
      And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn
      of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they
      did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year. And it came to
      pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked,
      and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in
      his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us,
      or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host
      of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth,
      and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
      And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe
      from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And
      Joshua did so.

      passage: Exodus 13:20-15:19

      Chapter 13

      And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in
      the edge of the wilderness. And the LORD went before them by day in
      a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar
      of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: He took not away
      the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from
      before the people.

      Chapter 14

      And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel,
      that they turn and encamp before Pihahiroth, between Migdol and the
      sea, over against Baalzephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.
      For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in
      the land, the wilderness hath shut them in. And I will harden Pharaoh's
      heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon
      Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am
      the LORD. And they did so. And it was told the king of Egypt that
      the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was
      turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that
      we have let Israel go from serving us? And he made ready his chariot,
      and took his people with him: And he took six hundred chosen chariots,
      and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them.
      And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued
      after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with
      an high hand. But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and
      chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them
      encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon. And when
      Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and,
      behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid:
      and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD. And they said
      unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us
      away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us,
      to carry us forth out of Egypt? Is not this the word that we did tell
      thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For
      it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should
      die in the wilderness. And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not,
      stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew
      to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall
      see them again no more for ever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye
      shall hold your peace. And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest
      thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
      But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and
      divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through
      the midst of the sea. And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the
      Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon
      Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
      And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me
      honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen. And the
      angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went
      behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face,
      and stood behind them: And it came between the camp of the Egyptians
      and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it
      gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other
      all the night. And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the
      LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and
      made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children
      of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the
      waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.
      And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the
      sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen. And it
      came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of
      the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled
      the host of the Egyptians, And took off their chariot wheels, that they
      drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the
      face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.
      And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea,
      that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots,
      and upon their horsemen. And Moses stretched forth his hand over the
      sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared;
      and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians
      in the midst of the sea. And the waters returned, and covered the
      chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into
      the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. But the
      children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the
      waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.
      Thus the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians;
      and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore. And Israel saw
      that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people
      feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses.

      Chapter 15

      Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD,
      and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed
      gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
      The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation:
      he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God,
      and I will exalt him. The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
      Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen
      captains also are drowned in the Red sea. The depths have covered
      them: they sank into the bottom as a stone. Thy right hand, O LORD,
      is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in
      pieces the enemy. And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast
      overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath,
      which consumed them as stubble. And with the blast of thy nostrils
      the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap,
      and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea. The enemy said,
      I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be
      satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.
      Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as
      lead in the mighty waters. Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the
      gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing
      wonders? Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them.
      Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed:
      thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.
      The people shall hear, and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the
      inhabitants of Palestina. Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed;
      the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the
      inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away. Fear and dread shall fall upon
      them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone;
      till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which
      thou hast purchased. Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the
      mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast
      made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O LORD, which thy hands
      have established. The LORD shall reign for ever and ever. For the
      horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into
      the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them;
      but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.

      passage: Zephaniah 3:8-3:15

      Chapter 3

      Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up
      to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may
      assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my
      fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my
      jealousy. For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they
      may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
      From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of
      my dispersed, shall bring mine offering. In that day shalt thou not be
      ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me:
      for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in
      thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
      I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people,
      and they shall trust in the name of the LORD. The remnant of Israel
      shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue
      be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall
      make them afraid. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and
      rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem. The LORD hath taken
      away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel,
      even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

      passage: 1Kings 17:8-17:24

      Chapter 17

      And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, Arise, get thee to
      Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have
      commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee. So he arose and went to
      Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow
      woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said,
      Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
      And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me,
      I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand. And she said, As the LORD
      thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel,
      and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks,
      that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it,
      and die. And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast
      said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me,
      and after make for thee and for thy son. For thus saith the LORD God
      of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse
      of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
      And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he,
      and her house, did eat many days. And the barrel of meal wasted not,
      neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD,
      which he spake by Elijah. And it came to pass after these things, that
      the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his
      sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him. And she
      said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art
      thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
      And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom,
      and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his
      own bed. And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast
      thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying
      her son? And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried
      unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's
      soul come into him again. And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and
      the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. And Elijah
      took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house,
      and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.
      And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man
      of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.

      passage: Isa 61:10-62:5

      Chapter 61

      I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God;
      for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered
      me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with
      ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. For as the
      earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that
      are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness
      and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

      Chapter 62

      For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I
      will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness,
      and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles
      shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt
      be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
      Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal
      diadem in the hand of thy God. Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken;
      neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be
      called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee,
      and thy land shall be married. For as a young man marrieth a virgin,
      so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the
      bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

      passage: Gen 22:1-22:18

      Chapter 22

      And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and
      said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. And he said,
      Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee
      into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon
      one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. And Abraham rose up
      early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men
      with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering,
      and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. Then on
      the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
      And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass;
      and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
      And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac
      his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went
      both of them together. And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and
      said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold
      the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
      And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt
      offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the
      place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there,
      and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on
      the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and
      took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto
      him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
      And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing
      unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not
      withheld thy son, thine only son from me. And Abraham lifted up his
      eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by
      his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a
      burnt offering in the stead of his son. And Abraham called the name
      of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount
      of the LORD it shall be seen. And the angel of the LORD called unto
      Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn,
      saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not
      withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee,
      and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven,
      and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess
      the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the
      earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

      passage: Isa 61:1-61:9

      Chapter 61

      The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed
      me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up
      the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening
      of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year
      of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that
      mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty
      for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the
      spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness,
      the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. And they shall
      build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and
      they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
      And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the
      alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. But ye shall be
      named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of
      our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory
      shall ye boast yourselves. For your shame ye shall have double; and
      for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their
      land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
      For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I
      will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant
      with them. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their
      offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them,
      that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

      passage: 2Kings 4:8-4:37

      Chapter 4

      And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great
      woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft
      as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread. And she said unto
      her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God,
      which passeth by us continually. Let us make a little chamber, I pray
      thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table,
      and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us,
      that he shall turn in thither. And it fell on a day, that he came
      thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there. And he said to
      Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her,
      she stood before him. And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold,
      thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for
      thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the
      host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people. And he said,
      What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath
      no child, and her husband is old. And he said, Call her. And when he
      had called her, she stood in the door. And he said, About this season,
      according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said,
      Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid. And the
      woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto
      her, according to the time of life. And when the child was grown, it
      fell on a day, that he went out to his father to the reapers. And he
      said unto his father, My head, my head. And he said to a lad, Carry
      him to his mother. And when he had taken him, and brought him to his
      mother, he sat on her knees till noon, and then died. And she went up,
      and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him,
      and went out. And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I
      pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run
      to the man of God, and come again. And he said, Wherefore wilt thou
      go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said,
      It shall be well. Then she saddled an ass, and said to her servant,
      Drive, and go forward; slack not thy riding for me, except I bid thee.
      So she went and came unto the man of God to mount Carmel. And it came
      to pass, when the man of God saw her afar off, that he said to Gehazi
      his servant, Behold, yonder is that Shunammite: Run now, I pray thee,
      to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with
      thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:
      And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the
      feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said,
      Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the LORD hath hid
      it from me, and hath not told me. Then she said, Did I desire a son
      of my lord? did I not say, Do not deceive me? Then he said to Gehazi,
      Gird up thy loins, and take my staff in thine hand, and go thy way: if
      thou meet any man, salute him not; and if any salute thee, answer him
      not again: and lay my staff upon the face of the child. And the mother
      of the child said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will
      not leave thee. And he arose, and followed her. And Gehazi passed on
      before them, and laid the staff upon the face of the child; but there
      was neither voice, nor hearing. Wherefore he went again to meet him,
      and told him, saying, The child is not awaked. And when Elisha was
      come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed.
      He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed
      unto the LORD. And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his
      mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon
      his hands: and stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the
      child waxed warm. Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro;
      and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven
      times, and the child opened his eyes. And he called Gehazi, and said,
      Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto
      him, he said, Take up thy son. Then she went in, and fell at his feet,
      and bowed herself to the ground, and took up her son, and went out.

      passage: Isa 63:11-64:5

      Chapter 63

      Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying,
      Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his
      flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him? That led them
      by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water
      before them, to make himself an everlasting name? That led them through
      the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?
      As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him
      to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.
      Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness
      and of thy glory: where is thy zeal and thy strength, the sounding
      of thy bowels and of thy mercies toward me? are they restrained?
      Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and
      Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer;
      thy name is from everlasting. O LORD, why hast thou made us to err
      from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy
      servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance. The people of thy
      holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have
      trodden down thy sanctuary. We are thine: thou never barest rule over
      them; they were not called by thy name.

      Chapter 64

      Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down,
      that the mountains might flow down at thy presence, As when the
      melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make
      thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at
      thy presence! When thou didst terrible things which we looked not for,
      thou camest down, the mountains flowed down at thy presence. For since
      the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear,
      neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared
      for him that waiteth for him. Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and
      worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold,
      thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we
      shall be saved.

      passage: Jeremiah 31:31-31:34

      Chapter 31

      Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant
      with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to
      the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them
      by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant
      they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this
      shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After
      those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts,
      and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be
      my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and
      every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know
      me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
      for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

      passage: Dan 3:1-3:23

      Chapter 3

      Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was
      threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in
      the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. Then Nebuchadnezzar
      the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the
      captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs,
      and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the
      image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. Then the princes, the
      governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors,
      the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together
      unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set
      up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
      Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations,
      and languages, That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute,
      harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down
      and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
      And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast
      into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. Therefore at that time,
      when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut,
      psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the
      languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar
      the king had set up. Wherefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near,
      and accused the Jews. They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar,
      O king, live for ever. Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every
      man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut,
      psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and
      worship the golden image: And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth,
      that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
      There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the
      province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; these men, O king,
      have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden
      image which thou hast set up. Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury
      commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought
      these men before the king. Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them,
      Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my
      gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up? Now if ye be
      ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp,
      sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down
      and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye
      shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace;
      and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands? Shadrach,
      Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar,
      we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God
      whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace,
      and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it
      known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship
      the golden image which thou hast set up. Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of
      fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach,
      and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat
      the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated. And he
      commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach,
      Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
      Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats,
      and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning
      fiery furnace. Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent,
      and the furnace exceeding hot, the flames of the fire slew those men
      that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. And these three men,
      Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the
      burning fiery furnace.

      Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were
      baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism
      into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the
      glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
      For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,
      we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this,
      that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be
      destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is
      dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe
      that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised
      from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
      For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he
      liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed
      unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

      In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of
      the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
      And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord
      descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door,
      and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment
      white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as
      dead men. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye:
      for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here:
      for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
      And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead;
      and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him:
      lo, I have told you. And they departed quickly from the sepulchre
      with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
      And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying,
      All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
      Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they
      go into Galilee, and there shall they see me. Now when they were going,
      behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief
      priests all the things that were done. And when they were assembled
      with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto
      the soldiers, Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole
      him away while we slept. And if this come to the governor's ears, we
      will persuade him, and secure you. So they took the money, and did as
      they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews
      until this day. Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee,
      into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw
      him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake
      unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
      Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
      the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: