Wednesday, April 18 / May 1, 2013: Holy Wednesday: Ezekiel 2:3-3:3,Exodus 2:11-22,Job 2:1-10, Matt 26:6-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 9:49 PM
      passage: Ezekiel 2:3-3:3

      Chapter 2

      And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel,
      to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their
      fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day. For they
      are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and
      thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. And they, whether
      they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious
      house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
      And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their
      words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among
      scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks,
      though they be a rebellious house. And thou shalt speak my words unto
      them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they
      are most rebellious. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee;
      Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and
      eat that I give thee. And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto
      me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein; And he spread it before me;
      and it was written within and without: and there was written therein
      lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

      Chapter 3

      Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this
      roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth,
      and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man,
      cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give
      thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

      passage: Exodus 2:11-2:22

      Chapter 2

      And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went
      out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an
      Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren. And he looked this
      way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the
      Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. And when he went out the second
      day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him
      that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow? And he said,
      Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me,
      as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this
      thing is known. Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay
      Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land
      of Midian: and he sat down by a well. Now the priest of Midian had
      seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs
      to water their father's flock. And the shepherds came and drove them
      away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.
      And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that
      ye are come so soon to day? And they said, An Egyptian delivered us
      out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us,
      and watered the flock. And he said unto his daughters, And where is
      he? why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.
      And Moses was content to dwell with the man: and he gave Moses Zipporah
      his daughter. And she bare him a son, and he called his name Gershom:
      for he said, I have been a stranger in a strange land.

      passage: Job 2:1-2:10

      Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves
      before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself
      before the LORD. And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest
      thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in
      the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the LORD said unto
      Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like
      him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God,
      and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although
      thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. And Satan
      answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will
      he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone
      and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said
      unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. So went
      Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils
      from the sole of his foot unto his crown. And he took him a potsherd
      to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes. Then said
      his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God,
      and die. But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish
      women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and
      shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

      Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper, There
      came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment,
      and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat. But when his disciples
      saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?
      For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the
      poor. When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye
      the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the
      poor always with you; but me ye have not always. For in that she hath
      poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. Verily I say
      unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world,
      there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial
      of her. Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the
      chief priests, And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will
      deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces
      of silver. And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.