Tuesday, April 17/30, 2013: Holy Tuesday: Exodus 2:5-10,Job 1:13-22, Matt 24:36-26:2

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013
      passage: Exodus 2:5-2:10

      Chapter 2

      And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river;
      and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw
      the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it. And when she
      had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she
      had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.
      Then said his sister to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call to thee
      a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
      And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called
      the child's mother. And Pharaoh's daughter said unto her, Take this
      child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And
      the women took the child, and nursed it. And the child grew, and she
      brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she
      called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.

      passage: Job 1:13-1:22

      Chapter 1

      And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating
      and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And there came
      a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses
      feeding beside them: And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away;
      yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I
      only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there
      came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven,
      and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them;
      and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking,
      there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands,
      and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain
      the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone
      to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another,
      and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in
      their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from
      the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell
      upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to
      tell thee. Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head,
      and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came
      I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD
      gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.
      In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

      But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven,
      but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the
      coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the
      flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage,
      until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the
      flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the
      Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken,
      and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one
      shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not
      what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman
      of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would
      have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
      Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son
      of man cometh. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord
      hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
      Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so
      doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all
      his goods. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My
      lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants,
      and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall
      come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is
      not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion
      with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

      Chapter 25

      Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which
      took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five
      of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish
      took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in
      their vessels with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all
      slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the
      bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose,
      and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of
      your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying,
      Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to
      them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy,
      the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to
      the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other
      virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said,
      Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know
      neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. For the
      kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called
      his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he
      gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man
      according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
      Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the
      same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had
      received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received
      one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money. After a
      long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
      And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five
      talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold,
      I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him,
      Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over
      a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into
      the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and
      said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained
      two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done,
      good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things,
      I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of
      thy lord. Then he which had received the one talent came and said,
      Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast
      not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid,
      and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is
      thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful
      servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where
      I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to
      the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own
      with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him
      which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given,
      and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken
      away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into
      outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. When the
      Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him,
      then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall
      be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another,
      as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the
      sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the
      King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
      inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
      For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me
      drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me:
      I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
      Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
      hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we
      thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when
      saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall
      answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done
      it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
      Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye
      cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
      For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye
      gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked,
      and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
      Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
      hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison,
      and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying,
      Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of
      these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting
      punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

      Chapter 26

      And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he
      said unto his disciples, Ye know that after two days is the feast of
      the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.